About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Road Ahead

Driving down the road looking back 
Hoping somehow I'll get on the right track.
I know the future is straight ahead.
Why do I look back instead?
I've got to have faith. 
I've got to believe
That the God who got me this far
Isn't going to leave.
Instead of thinking about what I lack
I need to think about what I might receive.
Just around the corner a miracle
Could very well await.
I'll never know exactly my fate,
If I keep looking back on my way.
I won't see the future until it's my yesterday. 
I've got to have faith.
I've got to believe
That the God who brought me this far
Isn't going to leave.
Instead of thinking about what I lack
I need to get ready for what I'm about to receive.
I will stop focusing on mistakes I've made 
And start seeing the chances I could take. 
I will live in the moment and learn while I do
And look forward to the future as it comes into view.
I'm going to have faith.
I'm going to believe
That the God who got me this far isn't going to leave.
I won't be thinking about what I lack
I'll be getting prepared for all that I'm sure to receive.

SG Wallace   2011

No comments:

Post a Comment