About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How Did You Find Me?

I hear that song again on the radio. I think I know you. I think you know me.
Your voice is calling just to me. Singing that same old heart tugging melody.
How did you find me here? How do you know that and how can you see?
Into my soul you seem to go so easily. How do you know that about me?
I'm on a plane flying through the air. I'm resting my eyes and I hear that song again.
Just when I started to think it was all a dream someone next to me starts to sing.
Then I knew it was you singing that heart tugging melody. Where have you been?
Through the years I keep hearing you singing to me. Sweet words from an old friend.
I think I know you. Maybe it was a long time ago while I was walking in my sleep.
I went out wandering and walking the streets. I had tears in my eyes when you found me.
You carried me home. The rest of the night you stayed with me just singing quietly.
When I think very hard it doesn't make any sense. I think I know you. How could it be?
You're just a voice on the radio singing your song. I'm just a heart that you've touched.
With your music to give as a gift to the world, you could save a life with that heart tug.
You sing to the crowd or to yourself never thinking it means that much.
But it means the world to me. To think that someone else somewhere has felt as such.
How did you find me here? I thought I was hiding. How did you hear me here?
With my crying and hoping against hope, I want to stop trying. Then your voice rings clear.
And hope shines through my tears. I know that I got to get up and walk through my fears.
I have the faith of knowing that God will send the music to soothe and dry my tears.

SG Wallace      2011

It's a brand new day. Who knows anything can happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment