About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heaven to Hold

I never thought you were a safe bet.
It wouldn't to be easy winning you. 
Winner takes all and that's worth the dues.
At the end of the game I just might fold. 
But you were always heaven to hold.
Yes you were slippery when wet. 
Still I could never forget.
You were always heaven to hold.
And if I could have your love.
I would risk everything to win everything.
To me it seemed worth the risk. 
Because if you loved me at the end of the day.
Nothing ever could get in our way. 
I might have to wait till I'm too old.
Or it may not happen at all.
I'll go ahead and make the call.
I'll wager my heart full of love
And ask for your heart of gold
It won't matter the outcome for I've already won.
Because you were always heaven to hold. 


SG Wallace    2011




No comments:

Post a Comment