About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Pear

I saw the pear.
Were you willing to share?
The taste of the fresh fruit;
Seems so much better,
when shared by two.
Two who knew
that natures gift of
sweet luscious fruit
was made to be savored.
Enjoying the flavor
of dancing summer raindrops
on our tongues.
In the dead of Winter.
Yes, we shared the pear.
The memory gives life to fantasy now.
When I'm here
and you are there.
Another pear,
covered in chocolate.
I can lick it
Taste it melting
on my lips and tongue.
I can savor it.
Love the flavor of it
running down my chin.
While I bite into the sweet succulent pear
there beneath the chocolate
the release of pear juice
let loose
to dance free on my tongue
like summer raindrops
in the dead of winter.
A sweet treat
a nourishing, indulgence
to say the least.
Who knew ?
A pear would come back to haunt me
and to taunt me.
Would come back to taunt me like this
Like a kiss.
The memories Heaven and Hell.
Sometimes it's hard to tell.
Bittersweet fantasies of sweetness and bliss.

SG Wallace 2008

More memories.....



2 comments:

  1. My goodness - what beautiful poetry, have just whiled away a happy 20 minutes reading and had my mind taken off of the sinus pain left over from a head cold. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. You don't do too badly yourself!

    ReplyDelete