About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Wordless

Very few times have I been without words
Words to express how I feel
Truth or otherwise
Words mostly come easily
Flowing, rhyming, reasoning,
Beckoning, denying, soothing, seducing
Always coming in a stream or a few
Well chosen lightly spoken words
Then again foot in mouth
That just slipped out
I forgot to bite my tongue
Or I forgot to think before I spoke
Or someone didn't get the joke
Or I was the joke because I spoke too soon
In any event words were always there
Friend or foe words go where I go
But sometimes words escape me
Thoughts jumble and nothing comes out right
This is one of those times
Words don't seem enough and nothing
Seems quite adequate to describe
How I feel right now

SG Wallace  2007

No comments:

Post a Comment