About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Story

Oh what a tangled lie we weave, when first we practice to deceive.
The biggest lie of all is truth we refuse to believe.
Oh what deceptive trap we set when we choose to forget.
All the future holds could be good that hasn't happened yet.
All my life I've always known I wasn't quite fully grown.
The blooms and fruit would come from the seeds I've sown.
Beneath the weeds and debris the broken glass and unpaid fees;
Could I clear it out enough to see through to the good in me?
Then I opened up my eyes. I think I finally realized
To appreciate laughter you sometimes have to cry.
To anticipate Joy you sometimes have to see it die.
Years ago I told myself I would put my heart on a shelf.
One day I would give it away to someone else.
But when the day did appear I knew I needed part of it for myself.
This is how my story goes. How I got here God only knows.
Truth or lies no one knows.  But while I'm alive it continues to grow.

SG Wallace 2008







2 comments:

  1. What a great poem.

    And I know that it's not easy for any of us to share some of the things in our lives.

    But for a poem to be both true and relevant it requires that a poet do just that, share who and what they are.

    And you've done just that.... and under all the "broken glass and weeds" I see… someone who's learning to laugh and love… through all the pain our lives give us each day…. so may your smiles be many and your troubles be few... and God grant you all the love and friends that I’m sure you are due.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you like my poem. I hope wonderful days are here and ahead for you. Blessings

      Delete