About Me

My photo
I Love my life most of the time. But ... My heart secretly dwells in her lyrical world to save her poetic sanity.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

No Don't You Follow

Somewhere over Black Mountain, I heard you holler.
I just stopped to looked out at the view
"Shut up you liar." I knew it was you.
I'm leaving here and you better not follow.
Stay 'round here. Get lost in one of these hollows.
I'll be rid of your lying tongue.
I'm heading back to West Virginia to visit graves and family plots.
Those who loved me since I was young, they loved me true.
I will forget about you. Somewhere over some mountain,
Some creek, some hollow. I'll rid myself of you. Don't you follow.
I hear your voice trying too slow me. Trying to show me.
What we'll never know. Sometimes I think you make shit up.
To try to drive me insane. You're just a liar and if you come again.
I'll drop your ass in one of these rivers, a long winding river
Or maybe in an ocean along my way.
No don't you follow. I plan to rid myself of you today.


SG Wallace   2011

No comments:

Post a Comment